Many online businesses today are realizing that social media can be both beneficial and profitable to their business. But what about the brick and mortar businesses? How can they reap the rewards of social media? Here are some simple steps that any brick and mortar business can do to get started in social media:
1. Develop an online presence. It can be a blog or a website. This is where you will draw your visitors to go.
2. Collect emails. Place an email sign up on your homepage or blog. Make it simple by just asking for a name and email address.
3. Encourage your walk-in customers to give you their name, email address, and birthday month. This creates the opportunity for three things: sending a monthly promotion, providing a special discount for the month of their birthday and allows you to send out a newsletter. All created with one simple email sign up at the store.
4. Write articles. Find your own voice and develop content that your readers will find valuable.
5. Create a LinkedIn account. LinkedIn is a professional social media site that allows you to connect with your colleages as well as your target audience. Join some groups and contribute to conversations. This will position you as an expert in your field and build your credibility within your industry.
By following these simple steps, brick and mortar businesses will really see how easy introducing Social Media into their marketing plan can be. With a small investment of time, local businesses can watch their knowledge AND their sales grow.
If you’d like to learn more about social media marketing for your brick and mortar business, contact Cynthia Cavoto at Marketing That Works for You for a free consultation.