The Fab Five were the 1991 University of Michigan men’s basketball team recruiting class that is considered by many to be “A great recruiting class.” The class consisted of Detroit natives Chris Webber (#1) and Jalen Rose (#5), Chicago native Juwan Howard (#3), and two recruits from Texas: Plano‘s Jimmy King (#9) and Austin‘s Ray Jackson (#84).
If we define evolution as the change in the allele frequencies of a population, then there are 5 main mechanisms of evolution: natural selection, genetic drift, gene flow, sexual selection, and mutations.
The five senses include sight, hearing, taste, smell and touch.
In Business we have “The Five Dysfunctions of a Team” and The Five Habits that will help you Lead. Patrick Lencioni is an American writer of books on business management, particularly in relation to team management. He is best known as the author of The Five Dysfunctions of a Team.
The 5 are:
• An absence of Trust
• Fear of Conflict
• Lack of Commitment
• Avoidance of Accountability
• Inattention to Results.
Your role as the Leader is to set the tone. Lead by Example. It’s your job to listen, be empathetic, keep deadlines and hold everyone accountable including yourself.
When we think about personal development we should consider these 5 Traits, behaviors.
- Wake up early, get to bed early, get a good nights rest; working late is a tell-tale sign of poor time management and may cause sleeping in late. Get up get moving, you’ll be surprised by all you can accomplish by 9 or 10!
- Plan and reflect your day. One of my best coaches suggested a journal, it’s a published powerful tool.
- Learn daily. Podcasts, TED Talks, NPR all sources of learning. Keeping busy is good for your mind, never stop learning.
- Exercise every day! It’s great for your heart and your mind. I cannot tell you all the clarity, answers I’ve found on the treadmill.
- Teach, Coach help others win. One of the Best Leaders I ever worked with Coached us and promoted us. His Trophies were our success.
In Numerology, the Number 5 is a living dynamo. This live wire gives new meaning to outgoing. The five is the type of person who cannot sit down for very long and who gets bored very easily. Be that Dynamo.